To make it easy for FAWCO clubs (and others) to pass on information about repatriation and FAUSA membership, we have provided below information for your members and friends, including literature for you to download and print. We are dedicated to assisting those who are about to repatriate to the United States or Canada and hope you will share this information with them.
Did you know that, as a FAWCO member or other repatriating North American, you are eligible to join FAUSA (FAWCO Alumni USA) when you return to North America?
Why Join FAUSA?
People who have lived outside their home country see the world through different eyes. Your experiences are different; your friends are more diverse: your families are likely to speak a language in addition to English; and you are familiar with other cultures. Your perspective has changed, and so have you. Back in North America, you may feel like a stranger.
FAUSA offers its members:
- Friends with a global perspective
- Links to the expatriate world
- Forums to address repatriation issues
- Opportunities to rediscover North America at our yearly Getaway and Annual Meeting
- Participation in social and philanthropic events
- The chance to stay (or become) connected to FAWCO through annual global meetings, UN networks and activities, Education Awards, Development Grants, FAWCO Target Program, Committees and Global Issues Teams
JOIN US for as little as $25 per year! Moving back to North America can be challenging in many ways, and often friends and family just don’t “get it”. FAUSA offers the chance to talk to others who understand and share your experience of living abroad and speak a similar “language”. Find details on membership and dues at https://oldsite.fausa.org/membership/, and contact the Second VP, Membership at 2ndVP@fausa.org to find out if there is an active group in your area.
Next Getaway and Annual Meeting: October 3-6, 2019 in Detroit, Michigan.
President’s Letter to Repatriating Americans
Cut and paste the FAUSA Logo to use on your club website.
FAUSA Business Cards are also available for distribution to your club members. Contact the FAWCO Liaison at FAWCOLiaison@fausa.org to order a supply.