Posted by Marilee Watts, Director of Philanthropy
The 2018 Getaway and Annual Meeting was surely a ‘Weekend to remember with friends I can’t forget!’ The DC Planning Committee really deserves all the kudos, the SHOUT OUTS, and FAUSA’s eternal gratitude for their excellent attention to every detail of the weekend.
My special thanks go to the following members without whom the Gala FUNDraising night would not have been a success!
- Suzanne Wheeler, FAWCO Foundation President and FAUSA member, for serving as auctioneer and coaxing the crowd into raising a record amount for the Live Auction. In addition to the five Getaways and the Hope Wall Hanging on offer, two last minute donations pushed our total to record-breaking heights!
- Sue Haycock, Vivi Katsiouleris, Phoebe Mallard, Leslie Nelson and Tessa Wheeler whose energy toward promoting Quilt Drawing ticket purchase and Fill ‘em Up Envelopes also set an income record.
- A huge thank you to Jane Indreland, Sue Haycock and Phoebe Mallard for helping receive items for the auctions during registration, and also their creative assembly of the baskets. Thanks to each of you who contributed an item to the five baskets.
- A VERY special thanks to ALL attendees who DONATED items and BID on them as well!
- And last but not least, a well-deserved SHOUT OUT to Kathy Coughlan, our FAUSA Treasurer, who worked behind the scenes with me for months and also for the hours she put in during the weekend. The tallying of the bid results, payments and record-keeping are daunting tasks which may go unnoticed but NOT unappreciated!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.